Report a safety concern

We’re always here to help

Please contact the Safer Community Team directly on +65 6593 8004 if you feel unsafe or observe an incident or behaviour that concerns you.

We aim to provide a safe and secure environment for the Curtin community. If you have any concerns about the safety and wellbeing of any member of our community, yourself or others, you can get help by advising our Safer Community Team.

The Safer Community Team is comprised of male and female staff who are trained to manage general safety issues and complex crisis issues such as physical and sexual assault. The team will offer immediate assistance in an emergency and ongoing safety and wellbeing support.

If you are not in immediate danger or have been physically or sexually assaulted in the past, the Safer Community Team can still help you get the right support, and formally report the incident if this is something you want to do.


Incidents or concerns you should report include:

  • Threats of suicide or self-harm
  • Threats of physical violence towards others
  • Any alleged criminal acts including: all forms of assault (including emotional, physical and sexual), domestic violence, stalking
  • Sexual harassment
  • Mental Health concerns, which have an effect on students and/or staff of the university community
  • Students who have been reported as missing by Curtin employees or family members

How to make a report

The Safer Community Team is available 24 hours a day, every day of the year, please call +65 6593 8004

Alternatively, if you would prefer to contact us online, you can complete a confidential online form (identification is optional). Please note, it may take 24-48 hours to receive a response, if you require immediate support, please contact us via telephone.

Statement of confidentiality

What happens after I make a report?

The Safer Community Team will address immediate safety concerns and offer ongoing support and assistance as needed.

In applicable situations, the Safer Community Team will advise the person involved of their options in terms of formally reporting the incident. If this is something they choose to do, we can provide assistance and support through that process (this includes reporting to the police and/or other external services).

Report your concerns