Student details and ID
Your student identification (ID), also called your Curtin ID or student ID, is your eight digit student number. You will find this on your letter of offer or any official correspondence.
You need your student number:
- to activate your OASIS account after enrollment
- on all assignments and examinations
- on all correspondence with Curtin
- to use University Library digital services
Curtin University identification card
You will need to have an ID card if you are a student visiting campus.
Your ID card identifies you as a member of the Curtin community and enables you to access certain buildings and services on Campus.
You must have a card to:
- attend university examinations
- identify who you are
- access library borrowing services
Your ID card shows your photo, name and student ID number.
Sample Curtin student ID cards
Students will receive their ID cards during Orientation.
If you have not received your ID card before commencement of your course, please email to email@example.com.
All photographs must be original, unedited and meet the following criteria to be accepted:
- Plain, light-coloured background (e.g. white, cream)
- Appropriate brightness and contrast
- Consistent lighting (no shadows across or behind the face)
- Clear and sharply focused image
- Photo of head and shoulders only
- Your face must be looking straight at the camera, not tilted sideways or up or down
- Your face must be centred and the top and edges of your head visible
- Not show any shadows or red eye
- Have no ink or other marks on photo
- The photograph must show you without any hat or other head covering (with the exception for religious reasons)
- You can smile if you want to
- No alterations or filter enhancements applied
For additional requests, you may email to firstname.lastname@example.org.