Curtin Singapore surveys
The Student Experience Survey (SES) is a national survey of commencing and completing undergraduate students, who study at Australian campus locations. This survey aims to gain an understanding of the experience that students have at each institution. The survey was first piloted in 2011 with results used by both universities and government to improve teaching and learning in Australia. In 2015, SES was renamed from the University Experience Survey (UES) and forms part of the Federal Government’s Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT) initiative.
- From 2017 onshore postgraduate coursework students were also surveyed (nationally).
- From 2018, onshore undergraduate and postgraduate coursework middle year students and offshore students (all years) were also surveyed (Curtin only).
How to complete the survey
QILT has engaged the Social Research Centre (SRC) to work with institutions to administer the SES. SRC will send direct emails regularly to eligible students during the campaign period.
- For students studying at or via an Australian campus, the survey runs from 28 July to 30 August 2020.
- For students studying at Curtin’s campuses outside of Australia, the survey runs from 28 July to 13 September 2020.
For previous national reports, please visit Student Experience Survey National Reports.
Curtin reports are available to Curtin staff and can be downloaded from: http://planning.curtin.edu.au/mir/download.cfm (login required).
Curtin internal reporting enquiries can be directed to SES@curtin.edu.au.
Curtin Staff Surveys (Our Voice)
Curtin collects information on staff perceptions on all aspects of work as a Curtin employee through its staff surveys:
- Quality of Working Life Survey (2003 and 2006)
- Your Voice (2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2017)
- An abridged version of Your Voice was administered in 2015 (Pulse) and in 2019 (Ngalang Waangi – Our Voice)
2020 Ngalang Waangi – Our Voice Survey
The 2020 Ngalang Waangi (nga/lung warn/gee) – Our Voice starts on the 10 August 2020. Invitations with the survey link will be sent to eligible staff to complete the survey. The survey is open to full time, part time, casual and sessional staff (excluding University Associates) from:
- All Australian campuses
- Curtin Dubai
- Curtin Malaysia
- Curtin Mauritius
- Curtin Singapore
Further information is available from the Staff Portal (login required).
If you can’t login to the Staff Portal, FAQ’s are also available for download here (no login required).
2019 results both at the University level and by area can be accessed via the Ngalang Waangi Survey Dashboard via the BI Dashboards icon on the Staff Portal.
2020 results will be available around two weeks after the survey closes (ETA mid September 2020). Curtin staff will be notified when the reports are available.