Aims to provide a one-stop solution for our students and graduates to be career-ready.
Thought Leaders Series
Building an International Career
Presented by Yukiko Masuda,
Managing Director of APAC Legal, Labor and Compliance
Curtin Singapore is excited to announce the next Thought Leaders Series seminar. The series aims to connect students with organisational leaders and alumni to stimulate discussion, debate and critical thinking whilst exploring topics on leadership, business, innovation and entrepreneurship and more.
The Thought Leaders Series seminar will be held online on Wednesday 19 May 2021 and presented by Yukiko Masuda, Managing Director of APAC Legal, Labor and Compliance at FedEx Express.
In this role, Yukiko is responsible for legal and regulatory compliance, risk management and business continuity in APAC. She is currently leading cross-functional projects, such as the post-merger integration of FedEx Express and TNT. She is also a member of a regional crisis management team based at APAC HQ in Hong Kong. Yukiko is trilingual and has lived and worked in Japan, United States, China, Hong Kong and Singapore.
During this session, Yukiko will discuss what it means to have a global career, the opportunities and challenges of living and working in different cultures and how you can use these experiences to build your global career.
Please join us, along with our alumni, staff and students for this thought-provoking presentation.
Date: Wednesday 19 May 2021
Time: 7.00pm – 8.00pm (Talk will start sharp, please enter Zoom five minutes before)
Location: Zoom Webinar (Zoom link will be sent to you at least a day before the session)
RSVP: By Monday 17 May 2021 here
Industry Engagement Appreciation Dinner
Details to be confirmed
How ready are you to kick-start your career? Downloadable content here.
- 16Personalities – Find out more about your personality type, strengths and weaknesses, how you manage your relationships and possible career paths after completing a free personality test. You can read up more about 16 Personalities and the theory behind the tool here.
- EmployABILITY student starter kit – The EmployABILITY student starter kit is an online resource featuring a student-focused, personalised employability profile tool and developmental resources.
- O*NET Interest Profiler – A self-exploration tool to help you find out what your interests are, how they relate to the world of work and helps you decide what kinds of careers you might want to explore.
- Test Partnership – This website provides free psychometric tests such as Numerical Reasoning Tests, Verbal Reasoning Tests, Error Checking Tests, Personality Questionnaires, Situational Judgement Tests, Leadership Tests and Competency Tests.
- Skillsfuture Skills Framework – Read useful information on the different industries and their career pathways, occupations and job roles, existing and emerging skills, and training programmes for skills upgrading and mastery.
- SG United Traineeship Programme – Eligible job seekers who are keen to apply for traineeship opportunities under the hashtag #SGUnitedTraineeships
- Ministry of Trade & Industry – Stay updated with important industry trends in Singapore.
- Singapore Economic Development Board – Information on various industries and new areas of development in Singapore.
- GradSingapore – A website that provides useful and practical career advice for the Fresh Graduates. Read up on GradSingapore’s ranking of the top graduate employers across all sectors.
- LinkedIn for Students – LinkedIn resources and step by step guides to let students know the benefits of a LinkedIn profile and presence, and to help them get started. Introduces guides to cover topics ranging from building profiles, finding jobs or internships, building a professional brand, networking with professionals, and researching or prepping for interviews.
- Jobscan – Find out how much your resume meets the job description through this website. Simply copy and paste your resume and the job description.
For enquiries, email email@example.com or drop by Student Central to speak with our staff.